Summer of fun
Tips for a summer of fun
- Plan lots of activities and days out from craft, to outdoor play, to games , to picnics.
- Use pinterest, it is my personal biggest sanity saver!
- Write a summer bucket list of all the activities/places to visit you’d like to do/see. I love my bucket list as it means I always have ideas and inspiration up my sleeve, for all those rainy days and times when we are in desperate need of some boredom busters.
- You don’t need to spend a lot of money to have a good time, there are loads of free things to do.
- Allow plenty of time for free play, both with the kids and where the children can play on their own, it is good for them and allows parents some breathing space.
- Have a few chill out days too.
- Try not to over plan, or it can seem like the kids are still at school.
- Encourage the children to help out around the house, this assists you with the chores and also allows you, as a parent to spend more quality time with the kids.
- Examples: washing the car together, cooking dinner, hanging out the washing. These are all things my children have been enjoying this summer. I’m sure there are loads your kids could help with, whilst having fun at the same time, depending on their age.
42 Ideas for free summer fun
- Nature walks
- Scavenger hunts (use pinterest to print off a hunt before you go)
- Water play
- Ball games
- Building dens
- Bug hunts
- Making potions
- Making pictures with nature
- Paddling pool
- Ice play
- Tree climbing
- Splash about on a boat
- Practice handstands, cart wheels, roll polys
- Rolling down a hill
- Muddy puddle jumping
- Splash/swim in the sea
- Beach play
- Go geocaching
- Craft with nature
- Do a reading challenge
- Fly a kite
- Board games
- Have a water fight
- Invite friends to play
- Make a teepee
- Do some simple science experiments
- Make a your own sports day
- Try some messy play with shaving foam
- Camp out for the night
- Stay up late one night for a spot of star gazing
- Keep a journal
This summer we have been having so much fun together as a family it’s difficult to include it all. We have been on the beach, splashing in the sea, splashing about in dinghy’s, crab fishing, making a waterfall wall, having paddling pool fun, riding bikes and scooters, going on walks, crafting, cooking and having many many picnics, just to name some of the fun!
I love Pinky’s crab pose in this photo, it makes me smile every time I look at it!
On our picnics, we have been trying these yummy BN Biscuits from McVities. They have a face on them with a cheeky wink, which means the kids think they are great fun, gradually eating the eyes, the mouth etc. We tried two flavours, chocolate and raspberry, both are delicious, but I think the children’s favourite are the chocolate ones. My children have devoured these biscuits at almost every picnic we have had this summer. I find them great to take out, as they are relatively mess free, but still have a delicious chocolate or raspberry filling in the middle, which means perfect for picnics!
Here is a video of some of the fun we have been having, so far this summer, please take a look for some inspiration, it should make you smile……
I absolutely loved making this video, it has made me realise just how much wonderful fun we have all had together this summer…..it’s certainly one never to forget!
“This post is an entry for 42 Days of Summer Linky Challenge sponsored by McVitie’s BN. Learn more at http://bit.ly/1mRpMCL.”